Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Grub

Napa isn't just known for it's wineries, but its restaurants are a pretty big deal too. On Friday night we went to Redd, where I had the best meal I've had since moving to California. Pork belly with apple slaw, halibut with corn and heirloom tomatoes, and chocolate pot de creme. There are no words to describe it.

The next night we went to Celadon in "downtown" Napa. They are trying to make downtown Napa a thing, but it's slow going.

Here we are eating outside. Once the sun went down, the fireplace right next to us got turned on. I love a nice cool night with a little artificial heat to keep you comfy. The food here was good too (though not as good as Redd). I ate the calamari, salmon special, and peach and blueberry crisp.

When we got back to the hotel we watched Sideways, which I liked the first time I saw it, but neither John or I liked it this time around - possibly because we thoughts part of the movie took place in Napa. Guess what? It doesn't! We saw Bottle Shock the night before, which is a much more uplifting movie and actually does take place in Napa. So clearly we liked it a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails