Sunday, August 30, 2009

Garden Envy

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's...garden?

Just down the block from us there is a family with one heck of a garden. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone grow corn in their yard before this, and clearly, this is the type of thing that impresses me.

Alongside the corn are some beans, tomatoes, and possibly pumpkins. I'm not really all that great at identifying things in the garden when they don't have the actual edible part growing right out in the open. Watching My Life on the D-List the other night I saw Suzanne Somers pull a cauliflower out of her garden and thought how huge the leaves on the cauliflower were. Anyone else see this episode and think the same thing?

Right now we have a few herbs growing on our porch, and that is quite an accomplishment for me. Maybe one day we'll have a yard and a real garden. But until then, I'll just be here coveting my neighbor's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails