Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Treat


Well what do we have here?  Only one of my favorite holiday traditions!  These delicious cookies were waiting in a package on our doorstep when we returned from our holiday trip to Pennsylvania.  It was perfect, since we no longer had any of the cookies left I had baked.  Don't want to go through cookie withdrawl. 

 
These delicious waffle cookies are a tradition in my family that has been around much longer than I have.  If I recall correctly, my grandpa's secretary made these for him every Christmas, and my mom and her sister would look forward to them eagerly.  Well now the roles aren't the same - my aunt is the one baking these cookies and I'm the one eagerly awaiting them.  
 
 
They are only lightly sweetened have a faint almond flavor.  I would probably make these year-round for myself if I had a waffle iron that could do it (we only have a deep waffle iron).  Today John and I opened our gifts to each other and I had these cookies for breakfast with a big mug of hot cocoa.  What a way to start the day.

I start a new job tomorrow and need to start studying for the California bar exam.  It's going to be a crazy couple of months, but hopefully I'll still have time to blog!

3 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FIRST DAY AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have to start studying. Bar exams are horrible! I hope your first day of work went well. Are you getting time off before the February exam? I heard they changed the MBE questions a bit beginning on the last July's exam.

    (Thanks for the birthday wishes, by the way! Very sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never heard about these said cookies.......sounds like pizelles, which i enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails