Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweenie


Saturday was Halloween, but we had plans that night and left our candy on the porch for any trick-or-treaters.  Judging by the untouched bowl, I don't think there were a lot of kids running around the 'hood.


We spent our evening with these pumpkins - or at least the carvers of these pumpkins.  Mitch and Natalie cooked us dinner and some other friends came over to eat dessert and watch scary movies.



All our offers to help make dinner were turned down, which didn't upset us in the least.


















I obviously busied myself by taking pictures of our friends hard at work. 













We also were productive and ate all of Natalie's homemade roasted pumpkin seeds.


See - it wasn't just me!  John was snacking too!



We had a feast: brined and grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, roasted zucchini with garlic, and dates with marscapone cheese.  And it was only the beginning...


They also had a do-it-yourself caramel apple bar.  It was my first time making and eating caramel apples.  How have I lived??


Just enough caramel...


So that there is still room for chocolate...


And might as well top if off with some nuts.  Go big or go home, right?


Oh and there was not one, but TWO pumpkin pies.


It was really a whole dessert buffet.  This is the way all holidays should be celebrated.


After chowing down we relaxed to watch some Charlie Brown and other slightly more frightening tales.


After a binge like that, we needed to do some serious relaxing.


It was a mighty fine Halloween if I do say so myself.   Now it's time to go eat all those Snickers bars the neighborhood kids so kindly left for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails