Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Helloooooo my pretties. A whole tray of cupcakes, and not just any cupcakes - but Sprinkles pumpkin spice cupcakes. And the best part is, that I made them with the help of my friend...

The mix and recipe! The cupcakes came out tasting just like at Sprinkles, probably b/c you still have to add butter, milk, and eggs to the cupcake mix (as opposed to just oil and an egg) and then you make the icing from scratch. Cinnamon buttercream icing, thank you very much. I've never made buttercream before, and it was just a tad decadent. It's hard to lick the bowl when you're full after a couple dips. Making them at home allowed me to put on a little less icing than they do at the store, which meant you could actually taste the cake.

Making the cupcakes was a lot of work, but totally worth it. And thank God for that lovely Kitchen Aid mixer.

Oh and in other news, happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails