Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fort Funston


We didn't just catch views of cute dogs at Fort Funston last weekend - it was one of the most picturesque places I've been in ages. 

 
This is the view from the top of the cliff, which obviously meant that in order to get down the beach we had a bit of a steep sandy climb ahead of us. 
 
 
But once we made it down there we were surrounded by dogs and people on horseback (not always the best combination when said horses are afraid of said dogs).

 
All smiles from our crew.
 
 
I have no caption for this, but I'm trying to learn how to take better photographs so I will include it.  We shall call this one "Barnacles." 
 
 
I don't know what type of pier or something once existed on this beach, but it sure left a heck of a lot of wooden poles for me to take pictures of.

 
He led a nice life, that Mr. Crabby.
 
 
Let's pretend they are riding off into the sunset. 
 
 
This picture looks much cooler blown up.

 
John begged me to walk back along the top of the cliff/mountain/dune thing, and I relented.  There were a lot of random paths, as shown in the picture, but luckily they all led to the same place.

 
Maddie is doing her soap opera stare off into space look.  She shoulda been in pictures!  We had the most amazing time and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails