Monday, October 5, 2009

Washington Square Park

Sorry for the blogging absence, dear readers, but it has been hard to fit in blogging with my new working schedule, and my mother-in-law is in town for the weekend.

Moving on to the task at hand: Washington Square Park, they did a number on you!

I used to live near Washington Square Park (for a summer), and it had its moments of beauty, but also its moments of sketchiness. I would run laps around it at night sometimes, and in retrospect I realize this was not the smartest move on my part. A certain type of clientele seems to hang around parks at night.

And then for the past couple of years a huge part of the park has been closed off for construction. I hadn't the slightest idea what they could be working on for that long until Kyle and I wandered into the park.

Apparently they were building or renovating this square and fountain. And tons of people were making the pilgrimage out to see it. The park was transformed into Gymboree there were so many kids there! I really liked how they made the fountain so that there was always a rainbow from the water (as seen above). At least I assume that was on purpose.

We had a good time people and fountain watching while we were there. Even though the Park is now renovated, it's still in NYC, so there are plenty of characters to gawk at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails