Friday, October 16, 2009

Cantina

I don't really know much about "authentic" Mexican food. Obviously there are times (such as when you are eating a gordita at Taco Bell) that you can pretty easily figure out if the food is authentic. But as far as restaurants go, I have a hard time figuring out whether the food is real. Same goes for Chinese restaurants, but that's another story.

John and I found this little "cantina" that serves amazing Mexican food in the Portola Valley. I wish I could tell you the name, all I know is that it's something like "Mexican Cantina," and that you'd think it would be kind of lame. But in reality, I think it's the best and most authentic Mexican food I've had. The tacos that I always order, that are pictured above, are made with corn tortillas and don't even have cheese on them. They are amazing and the chicken has so much flavor. I wish I were eating some right now....mmm...

Not only does California have good Mexican food, but it is best for eating outdoors of any place I've ever been. Even better than Mexico, which is usually too hot for my taste. I think I've eaten outside more here since we moved than I have in the rest of my life combined. Beautiful sunny days with no humidity are pretty common here, and we love taking advantage of that West Coast weather.

Pictured above is John and his mom. Since she was visiting from out east, we had to expose her to two of California's finest in one meal: Mexican food and eating outside. I don't think she was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails