Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Things

A long week is over in our household.  John is done with the bar exam and I'm done waiting for vacation to start.  We leave Saturday morning at some ungodly hour like 6:00AM.  That means we leave the house around 4:00AM.  Eesh.  John has a thing that vacation starts as soon as you are through security, so I guess I should just be thankful my vacation is starting a little bit early this time.

Next week I will struggle to come up with five things making me happy in the Caribbean.  It is going to be tough.

As for this week, I had quite a few bright spots.  Firstly, I bought a box of Tagalongs from some Girl Scouts peddling them outside our farmers market last Sunday.  Kale and tagalongs don't exactly go hand-in-hand...mostly because both of your hands are busy stuffing tagalongs into your mouth and you are completely uninterested in kale.

Have you ever heard of toast tongs?  I bought mine at Pearl River in Soho, thinking they were tongs to take tea bags (without strings) out of tea.  I now realize they are toast tongs, and I am all the more grateful for them.  No more burning your fingers on the hot coils (or bread for that matter)!  These are insanely cheap, take up almost no room, and work a heck of a lot better than a knife.

I cannot even begin to describe how much more I like our current dog walker than our former dog walker.  And it isn't just because she baked John cupcakes to wish him god luck on the bar exam.  She's a senior in high school with a sweet, easygoing personality and I'm not sure what we'd do without her.

I admit it, I've been a bad library patron lately.  Not because I have overdue books, but because I haven't been in several months.  This meant I went the Amazon route for this vacation and picked up two books that couldn't be more different.  Hunger Games for reading in the shade and Black Heels to Tractor Wheels for reading in the sun.  Trash reading ahoy.

I don't drink soda, but this week I was drinking Mexican coke (made with cane sugar) and GUS (Grown up Soda) Ginger Ale.  Both were to ease this bizarre stomach upset I had for a few days.  I can't say whether either worked, but they sure were tasty.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, i love me some good ginger ale/beer. was it pretty spicy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the ginger ale wasn't spicy much at all. It was just a nice crisp ginger ale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexican Coke is soooooooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got tons of girlscout cookies and now they are gone Peanut butter patteis are some of my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails