Friday, February 11, 2011

Five Things

This week has been better with each passing day as my pups grow stronger, and I get closer and closer to the weekend.  We are heartbroken that it will only be 68 degrees on Saturday, how will we survive?  (Answer: with the heat blasting.)  

Of course, how could I not include in my list of favorites my beloved chipotle peppers in adobe sauce.  I've been picking mine up at Whole Foods and have been opting for the more adventuresome looking cans, those made in Mexico.  I can't say they taste better than the ones made in the U.S. (since I haven't tried those), but I do know they cost more.

John got me this garlic peeler as a stocking stuffer a couple of years ago.  I don't know why I haven't posted on it yet, but this is essential for anyone who loves garlic.  I don't use it for peeling one clove of garlic, but if I'm peeling upwards of three cloves, I will break it out.  You shove the garlic in the center, rolls with your palm and magically the skins are removed.

My obsession with Tex Mex is leading me to use my slow cooker a lot more lately.  I promise two new slow cooker Tex Mex recipes coming soon.  Yes, they both include chipotles.

Anika recommended this book to me, and I've since passed on the recommendation to a few people, including my boss.  David Busch writes books specific to lots of DSLRs.  They are infinitely more user-friendly than the horrid manuals that come with these cameras and really help you figure out how to use the silly things.

Thank goodness our Maddie girl has been recovering well.  Her days of home cooked food are coming to an end now that she's almost back to normal.  As much as I enjoyed cooking for her, I did not enjoy the mess it made all over the floor as she ate (imagine a toddler on all fours).

Have a great weekend, everyone!  We'll be walking around at parks and such all weekend and celebrating Valentine's Day at Dio Deka.

2 comments:

  1. um, i have to try the garlic peeler! THAT SOUNDS LIKE MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO happy Maddie girl is feeling better.

    and yay David Busch dslr books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails