Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pre-Parade in Mendocino


The people-watching at the Mendocino 4th of July parade was almost as much fun as actually watching the parade.  Once we arrived on Main Street we realized we were some of the only people not decked out in our 4th of July best.  

Most people seemed to find something in their closets for the occasion, and some definitely went all-out.  

I absolutely loved the giant flag pinned to the tall water tower.  The water towers are extremely prevalent in Mendocino and are somewhat of a symbol of the place.  

Doesn't she look entertaining?  

Not a corner untouched by the red, white, and blue.  

Good thing I didn't wear my Uncle Sam hat or else I would've had a twin.  

I adored this classy woman and her entourage.  

There isn't a more perfect outfit in which to celebrate the 4th.  

The town of Mendocino has 1,000 residents, but this parade draws 5,000 or so to watch.  It's the event of the year they say!

No caption needed.  

Perfect pigtails.  

I wasn't kidding when I said everyone was decked out except us.  

Unlike my Uncle Sam hat joke, these women really did don matching sparklers.  Love it.  

We grabbed burgers from the volunteer firemen because how do you pass that kind of family fun up on the 4th of July?  They also had vegetarian hot dogs, which I got a kick out of.  Only in Mendocino.  

I told you I loved this flag.  Even in bokeh.  

I have a feeling they have these flower boxes full of blue flowers just for this reason.  I was almost on cute overload that day, but in a good way.  Picture of the parade to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I want to be that classy old lady when I grow up. She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails