Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocolate Inspiration


I'm not sure how much I've blogged about it, but I do my fair share of food-related reading.  Not only do I read cookbooks in bed, but I also devour food memoirs more than any other genre.  I've read every single Ruth Reichl book out there, as well as the other standards like Bourdain, Child, Powell, and Deen (namely, Anthony, Julia, Julie, and Paula).  I'm always on the lookout for new food memoirs to read, so if you have any suggestions please send them my way.  I'm up for food fiction as well, and I'm just finishing The Cookbook Collector (well, I will finish it tonight if I finish this post in time).

I've recently become a David Lebovitz devotee and I just finished his book, The Sweet Life In Paris.  On his blog and in this book he goes on at length about chocolate.  I couldn't be a more eager listener, for is there a better topic?  In an effort to further my chocolate education, John and I picked up three bars of gourmet chocolate from The Chocolate Garage in Palo Alto on Saturday morning.  The owner is a chocophile who loves to share her knowledge of the treat, and John and I loved hearing all about the bars we were buying.  Riding on my chocolate high, I picked up another four bars when I dropped by Whole Foods later that afternoon.  We're almost through with our first bar, a milk chocolate one by Madecasse Chocolate.  If you're going to snack on chocolate, it might as well be on the good stuff (as opposed to the chocolate chips I always find my way into), right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails