Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stinson Weekend

 
To celebrate my completion of the bar exam - and my return to earth - John and I went to Stinson Beach for the weekend.  We rented the same house we did last time and enjoyed it just as much this time around. 


This same dog was here last time too.  He's a bit of a barker.  I enjoyed the position he forced himself into.  Kind of reminded me of a person in shackles.  Or whatever the name of that thing is where criminals had to stick their head through a hole and their hands through separate holes.  Anyone?  Anyone?


The waves were really rough, so they spit out a lot of that sea foam stuff onto the beach.  We had a kick out of watching Maddie occasionally chase it, catch it, and then become bewildered when it disappeared.  I told John that in the Hans Christian Anderson version of The Little Mermaid, Ariel turns into sea foam in the end and it's actually quite traumatic for a child.  I think it can also be traumatic for a husband.

  
We went out for a long walk on the beach when we first arrived at the house.  Our dinner plans weren't until 8 and it had been raining most of the day, so the sunshine seemed miraculous. 

  
The rough seas deposited all kinds of rocks and shells on the beach.  This picture was taken with the macro functionality on my lens that I recently discovered.  Good thing I discovered this before purchasing a macro lens.

  
I enjoyed watching John and Maddie play chase because John, like most dogs that face Maddie, is no match for her speed.  

  
We met quite a few cute pups on the beach.  What a sweet face.

  
Well, in my opinion this is a sweeter one. 

 
We had a really great weekend relaxing before I head back to work tomorrow.  It was the perfect way to unwind and I'll be sharing more updates with you later in the week.

Yes, there was a tsunami warning on Saturday afternoon (which we found out about thanks to the lovely Stinson Beach Fire Department), but luckily it turned out to be nothing. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. They're called stocks
    2. Ariel turning into foam was super traumatic. I also remember the book saying that every step she took felt like walking on glass. How awful is that?
    3. YAY MACRO FUNCTION!! Love the pic!
    4. congrats on finishing the bar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails