Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art of the Slow Cooker

 
I've been slow cooking up a storm lately - well maybe just slow cooking up a drizzle, since it's isn't exactly a frenetic activity.  My recent slow cooking is mostly due to this great book I picked up at the library a few weeks back, Art of the Slow Cooker by Andrew Schloss .  Both my Chocolate Chicken Chili recipe and Hearty Minestrone recipes came from this book, and it's practically unheard of that I would get a chance to cook more than one recipe from a cookbook before I return it to the library.  The book isn't too long, but it has lots of inviting and appetizing pictures to tempt you into breaking out the crock pot.  I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a slow cooker cookbook. 

 
My slow cooker cost something like $19 on the day after Thanksgiving sale at Target.  I figured that was too good a deal to pass up, and I'm glad I didn't pass it up because slow cooking can make amazing soups.  I haven't ventured into the meat-cooking territory yet, but mostly because the recipes aren't as appealing to me.  I'm sure I'll be blogging about slow-cooked pork shoulder soon though!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there ONE MORE WEEK. And in case I forget: GOOD LUCK ON THE BAR! Pray for no earthquakes (my friend took his in '08 in LA, and ceiling tiles fell from the ceiling b/c of one. And no, the test didn't pause.).I'm sure you do well, but, as I know too well, it's a beast that no one should have to endure. I've never taken the CA bar, but OR's was enough for me.

    Sending good luck vibes (true, from a stranger, but vibes none the less) from the land up north!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, that should have been: I'm sure YOU'LL do well. Good thing I've passed the necessary bar up here, because grammatically tonight, I'm not up to muster.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails