Friday, May 27, 2011

Five Things

Work is really picking up (I can think of a few other words to describe it, but I'll leave it at that) this week, so I still have loads of blog entries I am behind on posting.  At least I managed to get this Five Things post ready, since I know it is read by one or two people at their boring jobs on Friday mornings.  While you are reading this at work, I will be in a car on the way to Stinson Beach with hubs and Harps in tow.

As if this week wasn't exciting enough with vacation, John and I went to the Glee concert on Wednesday!  It was incredible.  Rachel, Mercedes, and Blaine were the best, and Finn was surprisingly okay.  Artie is an amazingly good dancer, and the Warblers stole the show.  All good Gleeks should go!

I've officially made the switch to natural peanut butter.  I was positive I wasn't going to like it, and I ended up loving it.  It tastes like peanuts instead of like sugar, not surprisingly, I suppose.  I definitely recommend you try it if you've been resisting.  It's pretty great!

I bought avocados at Costco on a whim, and it meant I had to use five avocados by myself in a week.  As it turns out, I love avocados even more than I thought I did.  My new obsession is chopped avocado on top of cheesy nachos with grape tomatoes.

Another blog I read has a list of her favorite things, and she has lead me into temptation with these chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  I never would have bought them otherwise, and now I cannot.stop.eating.them.  They are like M&Ms but with more flavor.  They sell them at Trader Joe's and my favorite teeny grocery store in town.  Buy them with caution!

My mom knew what I wanted before I did when she got me As Always, Julia.  This book chronicles the letters between Julia Child and Avid DeVoto.  I am staying up late every night reading the letters passed between these two intelligent and articulate women.  It's probably not really for people who aren't fascinated with Julia and cooking, but for those of us who are, it's a must-read!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails