Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dijon Rosemary Grilled Chicken

I've never really been much of a mustard connoisseur, despite all the newfangled mustards out there taunting me on the shelves.  Frankly I prefer ketchup on my burgers, but ketchup doesn't go quite as well with rosemary.  Or raw chicken for that matter.  I guess I've always figured that one day I would "get into" mustard, but that day hasn't quite come yet.  Trader Joe's Dijon is about as fancy as I get, but it does the trick in this easy and delicious marinade.        

While I might be a mustard agnostic, I'm not the least bit lacking in enthusiasm about this great new way to grill chicken.  According to John, this is the best chicken marinade we've ever had, and I tend to agree.  A few simple ingredients mixed together, and you just let the chicken sit in a Dijon rosemary bath all day before you come home from work and fire up the grill.  Or have your husband fire up the grill if you still haven't managed to figure out how to do that (:hangs head in shame:).

This is the perfect spring/summer dish that is light but full of flavor.  Go send your iPad-toting roommate onto the patio this evening to grill up tonight's dinner!

Dijon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Adapted from Handle the Heat

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Make several small slits with a sharp knife crosswise down the chicken breast to help the marinade penetrate.  Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a dish or ziploc bag.  Add the chicken breasts and allow to marinate for 6 hours or all day in the fridge.  Grill over medium high heat until firm to the touch (but not hard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails