Monday, September 28, 2009

First Day

I started a new job today, and let me tell you, working isn't all it's cracked up to be. I woke up at 5:30 this morning, which is about four and a half hours earlier than I had been waking up pre-employment. Just a slight difference. Needless to say, my body barely cooperated throughout the day and it took a bit of effort to put dinner together once I got home. I'd forgotten what it was like to be too tired to really care what you make. I guess I'll leave my inventive cooking for the weekends.

The hour and 45 minute commute twice a day didn't make the experience any better, that's for sure. I ride the train, so it gives me plenty of time to do some reading, and I already finished a book today. Good thing I stocked up at the library.

Luckily, I had a big slice of ice cream cake to make everything better while we sat on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother. And also I have the knowledge that the job is temporary and only goes until the end of the year. Not sure how I'd survive otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Man, your commute sounds rough. At least tomorrow's Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails