Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in Indy

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  We had an amazing time in Indianapolis with my family.

Somehow I didn't snap pictures of the three desserts I made, but I did get a picture of the twice baked sweet potatoes (pre-second baking) I helped with.

 
The weekend was filled with china, silver, and champagne.  Grown up partying, done right.

The evenings were complete with Mexican train dominoes.  If you haven't played, I highly recommend it. 

Sweet B.J. slept in front of the Christmas tree and everyone gave him a pat whenever they passed.

One of the best parts of the weekend was meeting my cousin's toddler, Kai, for the first time.

He is a doll and smarter than you can even imagine.

He got quite a kick out of going through "B.J.'s door" as he called it.

I had seen lots of pictures of him online, but nothing compares to meeting such an awesome kid in person.

Another weekend treat: my brother and aunt made the family tradition: waffle cookies (gaufrettes).  I had about two dozen in one day.

The day after Thanksgiving we had a bonfire with bratwurst and s'mores.

 
It was as awesome as it sounds.

My aunt and uncle live in a magical old home with a beautiful yard that I tried to capture in some photographs.

I've always loved their house, ever since I was a child.  Now, I think I appreciate it even more.

My aunt has a flare for decorating, especially with antique pieces.  If they are original to our family, all the better.

No detail was overlooked this weekend.  Or anywhere you look in the house.  It really is remarkable.

Our farewell brunch wasanother Sittler family tradition - crepes or "big pancakes" as they were known in the family.  I stuffed mine with delectable homemade strawberry jam and powdered sugar.

This picture is as good as any to sum up my wonderful weekend.  Thanks so much for having us, Aunt Ginny and Uncle Bill!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails