Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snickerdoodles Revisited

 
Last night I made a batch of snickerdoodles per John's specific request for his birthday (it's on Wednesday).  He also demanded requested a chocolate cake, though it appears I'll be making that sometime when we have guests, so that we aren't tempted to eat it all ourselves.  Guess we better have a dinner party soon!

  
I felt obligated to blog about these cookies again, because my first go-round was with our old camera and the longer I have the new one, the more horrified by my earlier posts.  Blurry much?

  
Also, this recipe really is amazing and I want to make sure everyone is reminded about its greatness.  That Smitten Kitchen really knows her stuff.  Sugar cookies rolled and cinnamon sugar?  You know it's going to be good.   It really is a fool proof snickerdoodle recipe that tastes better than any other snickerdoodles I've ever had.  And I consider myself a professional cookie eater. 

  
I also just wanted an excuse to post pictures taken on the macro setting of my lens.  The bokeh you get is just amazing.  

Have a great weekend!  We're off to see Wicked tonight and to eat at our favorite sushi restaurant in SF.  

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so glad you reposted! Those pics are AMAZING! I love love love the bokeh!!!! The bokeh might actually be even yummier than the cookies. But that's just the weirdo photog-nut in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea a sugar cookie rolled in cinnomon and sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails