Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Things

Spring has sprung in the Bay Area.  We're getting our last few days of rain until October and the highs are always 65 or warmer.  The farmers market has been full of the most amazing tulips and ranunculus and I picked up three bunches of the latter to file a large vase a few weeks back.  It's amazing how fresh flowers can brighten any room - something my mom always taught me.

There's nothing like gift baskets and cards from friends when you need them.  It reminds you how lucky you are to have them in your life.

I discovered that Whole Foods sells The Best Ice Cream Ever.  Three Twins is a local organic brand that we bought at the Berkeley farmers market once and have never forgotten.  Apparently they sell it at my favorite haunt, so we'll be digging into some Three Twins a lot this summer.  Cookies and Cream was just as good as their Madagascar Vanilla that we have previously scarfed enjoyed, so I'm sure we'll enjoy all their flavors.

Our neighbor's have a sweet Golden Doodle named Mochi and he and Harper are becoming the best of friends.  I'm in touch with Mochi's mom, Joyce, all the time and we get the dogs together several times a week.  John and I are just as fond of Mochi as Harper is, as evidenced above.

As long as you didn't give up chocolate for Lent, it's time to go to the store and stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs.  These have a more adult taste than Cadbury Creme Eggs (less sweet), and are infinitely more addictive. I just opened a bag at work and it will be a miracle if they last more than two days.

1 comment:

  1. mochi is such a great name for a dog! and i have always loved mini eggs and oh man, i had a bag of them recently and had a similar problem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails