Monday, May 31, 2010

Ice Cream Outfits

You're only as cute as your last outfit.  Or something.  Sounds like some inane line from a tween show, but in the world of blogging, you become self-conscious of the vessels you serve your food in because it helps set the stage for describing how much you love the recipe you are describing.  With all the ice cream involved in Foodiebia world lately, I had been on the lookout for some cute ice cream dishes.  Fortunately for Mr. Crate and Barrel, he will be able to put his kids through college by anticipating my every whim.  They had three different kinds of ice cream dishes I could not leave the store without.

(Don't worry, I will wash them before we eat out of them).  This sundae cup will be perfect for a couple of large scoops and a thick dose of chocolate sauce.

John was especially fond of this low boy, perhaps because he thought he could get away with three scoops a night.  As if.

I am absolutely in love with these teeny tiny ice cream cups that are clearly made for children.

Yes, I do have a sick sense of humor.  I think most children would be brought to tears if they saw Brussels sprouts in their ice cream cup, but I did want to give you all an accurate representation of the tininess of these cups.  And who knows, maybe Brussels sprouts ice cream will be on the blog sometimes...

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I totally have ice cream cups from crate & barrel and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) My parents have those low boy dishes and I've eaten ice cream out of them for as long as I can remember.

    2) You keep mentioning children for a reason. Get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the little ones also work for people trying not to have 3 scoops at a time? Cold Stone Creamery's 2,010-calorie peanut butter shake has the fat of 68 strips of bacon to rate as "Worst U.S. Drink," yikes! and, certainly 'worst' depends on your point of view....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails