Thursday, July 30, 2009

Whim(sy?)

So during my hour-long drive to an interview today the idea dawned on me to start this blog. I've thought of starting blogs before of course (what self-involved person hasn't?), but this exact concept came to me randomly today and so on a whim I'm going to start this thing. Usually I let these feelings pass and move on to smaller and worse things, but this time I'm doing it. It's odd composing this because I know I won't be sending anyone the link to the blog for awhile. I feel like maybe if I tell them I have a blog once it has a few posts them maybe people might care a little more. Perhaps I'm wrong, but we'll see.

The point of this blog is that I've been relatively obsessed with cooking lately. And it isn't just because I have a lot of free time. I'm having a blast doing it and will look for any excuse to cook a bigger and better meal. See, I used to live in Manhattan (or Manhattie as I sometimes refer to it in my head) and that is one hell of a town for foodies.

I am refraining from calling this "Central Parkie," but it's tough.

I've always liked food and restaurants, but it wasn't until I had a Zagat Guide in my hand, money in my Kate Spade, and a whole array of possibilities that I truly went gaga for the food thing. There is no end to the restaurants in NYC and no end to the cuisines and flavors. It was paradise. My time in New York ended too quickly and now I live in Suburbia, California.

I think she's waving goodbye to me.

I don't live that far from a huge city, but it's far enough so that I rarely go, and almost never go for dinner. As luck would have it there are about -2 jobs to be found around here, so I'm unemployed and frankly, loving it because I get to cook nonstop.

So hopefully you and your closest e-friends will join me on this journey as I blog about what it's like for a city girl foodie to move to suburbia and have to create her own culinary masterpieces (har har). I have to warn you though, I will very likely be blogging about a bunch of other random junk too, so don't hate me for it.

2 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaah, I love it!!! I'm a midwestern foodie. I'm not sure what that means, but I've decided that's what I am. Can't wait to embark on this culinary journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the blog I never saw and I'm so glad you've gone with that whim(sy) you started!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails