Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grimace

Remember the friend of Ronald McDonald named Grimace?  What kind of a name for a children's character is that?  I'm not sure if Grimace is still gracing the sides of Happy Meal boxes - with such a disturbing name and poor body shape - but when I bought this cauliflower at the farmers market, I just couldn't help but think of the Mickey D's character.

I sliced the bright purple cauliflower into half inch pieces, brushed on some olive oil, topped it with with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and roasted it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Since I was eating the entire head of cauliflower by myself (John being gone and all), I decided it needed some sprucing up.  Just a small amount of grated Parmesan on top (after it came out of the oven) made this already amazing vegetable even that more irresistible.  It's amazing what a little fresh cheese will do.

Considering I ate the entire head of Grimace-colored cauliflower in one sitting (with no problem, mind you), that certainly shows this is a winning preparation in my book.

1 comment:

  1. haha, i made a gratin with the same kinda of cauliflower last week. it was pretty wild, visually, to eat a purple cauliflower & leek gratin. like, the coloring from the cauliflower "leaked" and turned the bechamel sauce purplish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails