Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In the Rotation

Reading the recipes I post on this blog is not necessarily the best reflection of what we are eating in my house.  There are a lot of new recipes that I've made that haven't made it on the blog for many reasons (too ugly to photograph, I'm too lazy to photograph it, or its just not quite good enough).  I probably cook on average about two new recipes a week.  The rest of the week is filled with leftovers and some of our tried-and-true favorites.

This Kale Salad, above, is on the menu literally almost every week.  We eat the remainder of the baguette that goes into the croutons alongside the salad to fill us up.  If you haven't tried it, I definitely recommend it.

Curried Butternut and Red Lentil Soup is also a favorite in our house, and I've made it three or four times this fall/winter already.  It's really easy, tastes great, and the lentils make it quite filling.  If you like spicy soups, definitely try this with the diced tomatoes that come with chiles.  Yum.

While this is technically a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Chipotle Tacos, I've made this meat many times for nachos and enchiladas too.  It's the easiest and most delicious way to make chicken meat for Tex-Mex food.  The enchiladas I just made with it were the best I've ever made.

It's not really the time or the place for zucchini, but I do truly love this Zucchini Linguine recipe.  I'm sure it would still be wonderful with sad out-of-season zucchini.  I made it a month or two ago and we scarfed it down.

1 comment:

  1. We are big kale fans in our house, I'll have to try that salad! And I still haven't broken out the slow cooker, I really should start doing that. Would make dinner prep so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails